Sunday, August 12, 2012

Abiding and Asking


If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
John 15:7


Abiding with God is a key ingredient to revival.  Want to see revival in your life?  Abide with God.  All day.  Every day.  You’ll see revival.

But something BIG happens when we abide with God.  God’s Word says when we abide with Him, “ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.”  Wow!

The other day I was planning some quality time with one of my boys.  I said we could do whatever he wanted.  I was thinking of an overnight trip to a hotel with a water park, Six Flags, perhaps a baseball game, but definitely something BIG.  His response, “Let’s go to McDonald’s.”  McDonald’s?  Don’t get me wrong, I love McDonald’s, but that’s the BIG thing you you want to do with dad?  I felt like saying, “Hey kid, it’s me, your Dad you’re talking to.  I would do anything you wanted to do.  Give you anything I could give you.”

Remember who you’re Father is when you pray.  And if you’re asking for only the “little” things ask the big question, “Do I really know my Heavenly Father?”  God is love. (1 John 4:8)  He loves you with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3)  As an earthly father I want to bless my children.  I want to spend time with my children.  How much more does our perfect Heavenly Father wants to bless and abide with His children? (Luke 11:13)  

Abide with God this week.  Get up on your knees.  Go to bed on your knees.  And in the meantime, keep a running conversation with God going. (1 Thess. 5:17)  Abide with God and see what He puts on your heart to ask for.