- Be at peace with one another (Mark 9:50)
- Love one another (John 13:34)
- Be joined to one another (Rom. 12:5)
- Be devoted to one another (Rom. 12:10)
- Honor one another (Rom. 12:10)
- Rejoice with one another (Rom. 12:15)
- Weep with one another (Rom. 12:15)
- Live in harmony with one another (Rom. 12:16)
- Accept one another (Rom. 15:7)
- Instruct one another (Rom. 15-14)
- Greet one another (Rom. 16:16)
- Agree with one another (1 Cor. 1:10)
- Wait for one another (1 Cor. 11:33)
- Show concern for one another (1 Cor. 12:25)
- Serve one another (Gal. 5:13)
- Carry one another’s burdens (Gal. 6:2)
- Be kind to one another (Eph. 4:32)
- Forgive one another (Eph. 4:32)
- Submit to one another (Eph. 5:21)
- Bear with one another (Col. 3:13)
- Teach and admonish one another (Col. 3:16)
- Encourage one another (1 Thess. 5:11)
- Build one another up (1 Thess. 5:11)
- Spur one another on (Heb. 10:24)
- Offer hospitality to one another (1 Pet. 4:9)
- Minister gifts to one another (1 Pet. 4:10)
- Be humble toward one another (1 Pet. 5:5)
- Confess your sins to one another (James 5:16)
- Pray for one another (James 5:16)
- Fellowship with one another (1 John 1:7)
Monday, September 13, 2010
The New Testament reinforces the importance of our life together as the church by giving us more than 60 verses that illustrate how to practice Christian encouragement.
Sunday, September 05, 2010
Last week I began to share some things I learned about attending church as a family while I was on sabbatical. Allow me to share a few more thoughts with you that will help you and your family make the most of your weekend church experience.
- When coming to church, focus on what God wants to do in and through you by the power of the Holy Spirit. Each weekend God is looking to do something supernatural in your life. Are you open to Holy Spirit’s work today? Prepare your heart and the hearts of your family to receive.
- Connect with the people around you at church. For me, it was difficult to come into a new church and not know anybody. A kind greeting or helpful directions made the experience more comfortable and enjoyable. Be friendly at church. Share God’s love with others.
- Enjoy the experience of worship. Make church a good experience for you and your family. Remember you are getting the opportunity to connect with God and His family.
- Talk about church on the way home in the car or at lunch. Speak positively about what God did during the service. Rehearse for one another what you received from worship, prayer, and/or the Word.
- Invite someone to church with you. Pick them up. Sit together. Take them to lunch. Share your faith with a friend.
- Remember, you have influence. Your attendance and church experience will impact your spouse, children, friends, etc. Make your influence on those around you positive as we seek to connect with God at Christian Life.