God always keeps His promises. What a wonderful truth we can celebrate as His children. But what I’m noticing as I study the promises of God is how many of His promises come with conditions. The word “if” occurs over 300 times in the Bible. God says if we obey Him, He will reward us. Here are some of God’s promises that come with conditions.
1. Wisdom. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
2. Health. "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you." (Ex 15:26)
3. Love. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love. . ." (Jn 15:10a)
4. Strength. "If you do this thing, and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all this people will also go to their place in peace."(Ex 18:23)
5. Prosperity. "If you are willing and obedient . . . You shall eat the good of the land" (Isa 1:19)
Let’s obey God and then watch His promises fulfilled in our lives.