...let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Thoughts control our lives. Our thoughts give birth to our moods, our words, and ultimately our actions. God’s Word is clear that right thinking leads to right living. We are told to stop thinking and acting like the world and to “be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” We are to replace negative human thinking with positive God thinking. What does God want us to think about? All you have to do is look at His Word.
Here are a few verses to meditate on this week to change the way you think.
- “I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10
- “...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:13
- “...there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
- “...we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37
- “Be strong and very courageous.” Joshua 1:7
- “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Please, Lord, please save us. Please, Lord, please give us success.” Psalm 118:24, 25
- “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18