Sunday, May 03, 2009

Thank You

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
Philippians 1:3 (NLT)


THANK YOU!

I was overwhelmed. My 40th birthday celebration last weekend meant more than you will ever know. What a surprise, the whole weekend. I felt loved and honored by you all. I want to thank Leslie, our church, family, and friends for putting together a birthday celebration I will never forget. You guys are the best and I am blessed to have you all in my life. Thank You!

I have been reflecting on being thankful this past week. God commands it in Scripture (Psalm 100:4 and Colossians 3:15) and if we pause to reflect we all have things for which to be grateful. But how often do we stop to say, “Thank you.” First of all our thankfulness needs to be expressed to God each day. He is the giver of every good and perfect gift. (James 1:17) It honors God and we give Him worship when we pause and say, “Thank you.”

Next, think about who you need to thank. After last weekend I have a lot of “thank you’s” to write. Please be patient ;-) Take time and think about who you need to say thank you to this week. Make the call, set up coffee, or write the note. Sometimes all you have to say is, “Thank you.” Take the time. They deserve it. And you need to do it.

Let me close by saying thank you for praying this past week for our zoning meeting with the city of Huntley. We passed through two of the boards and now our request goes before the city council this coming Thursday evening. Continue to pray that God’s will will be done and that we will be able to move into the Prime Outlet Mall at I-90 and Rt. 47. God has big things in store for us out there!