Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This week I asked a bunch of moms on Facebook to share with us their greatest needs. It was helpful to hear their heart. Here are just a few of their responses.
  • “Time… time alone, time to get things done, time to be appreciated, time at the spa... “
  • "In no particular order: working household appliances, caramel cone ice cream, friends, some "me time" every so often, hugs, a helpful and supportive husband, DVR/cable, a nearby Target store, guidance, wisdom, peace, JESUS!”
  • “Maids, good babysitter, pedicures, coffee, time alone”
  • “Encouragement, gratitude, recognition of their hard work, strength, patience”
  • "To know they have made a difference in their families lives.”
  • “In a word: support. Support from their husbands on a spiritual, emotional & physical level. Support from their families. Support from their friends.”
  • “I need my friends to help bring me down when I'm on the brink of insanity and to lift me up when I feel like life is playing a cruel joke on me.”
  • “Us moms need to know what we are doing REALLY matters!!! The daily 24/7 busyness and time we take for our children's lives are developing and building the foundation for the rest of their lives. It matters and sometimes moms don't feel like it does. We need to feel supported, appreciated, loved, safe, secure, and encouraged through it all.”

Thanks Moms! You are doing a great job! And remember, “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 (NIV)