Sunday, July 13, 2014

My life verse is…

My life verse is… “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT)

Do you have a life verse? 

At this point you may be asking, “What is a life verse?”  A “life verse” is a verse or short passage from the Bible that speaks to your heart, almost as though it was written for just you.

There is nothing that requires you to have a life verse but I have found it extremely valuable in my walk with God.  It is something the Holy Spirit can and does use to guide, comfort, or strengthen me during each season of life.  My life verse seems to be my “go to” verse no matter what I’m facing.  In the good times and bad God uses this passage to direct me toward His will and way for my life.  I am truly thankful for my “life verse.”

This week I asked my friends what their life verses were and here are a few of their responses you can check out and highlight during your next quiet time: Jeremiah 29:11, Revelation 12:11, Philippians 4:6, Isaiah 58:6-11, Philippians 1:21, Psalm 46:10, Luke 7:47, Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:1, Proverbs 3:5-6, Galatians 2:20, John 3:16, John 10:10, Philippians 1:6, Matthew 6:33, Romans 12:2, John 15:5, 2 Corinthians 5:13, Romans 10:11, John 6:27, Mark 12:30-31. 

Is there a trick to finding your life verse in the Bible?  Not really.  God’s Word is so deep that there are literally thousands of verses and passages to choose from.  Keep your heart open when reading or hearing the Word of God.  Be listening for God to speak His specific words to you. 

Click here to listen to my message on my life verse.