Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pray Always


D.L. Moody once said, "Every great movement of God can be traced to a single praying, kneeling figure."  There is no doubt that prayer is a key to revival.  So during this Summer of Revival at Christian Life, let me ask you, “How’s your prayer life?”  Now before you start feeling guilty or making excuses, let me give you a suggestion.  Why not start and end each day on your knees.  Literally.  When you get out of bed, get on your knees.  Before you lay down, get on your knees and pray.  What should you pray?  Pray the word...


This day belongs to the Lord!  Let's celebrate and be glad today.  We'll ask the Lord to save us!  We'll sincerely ask the Lord to let us win.
Psalm 118:24, 25 (CEV)


In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)


Our Father in heaven, Reveal who you are. Set the world right; Do what's best— as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals. Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. You're in charge! You can do anything you want! You're ablaze in beauty! Yes. 
Matthew 6:9-13 (MSG)


In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8 (ESV)


The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
Exodus 33:14 (ESV)


Use these prayers in the morning and evening and then throughout the day follow 1 Thessalonians 5:17 and “pray continually” with a running conversation with God.  Try it out this summer and see what happens.


Click here to listen to our most recents sermon on prayer at Christian Life Church.