Friday, March 09, 2012

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

This past week I was a contestant on the game show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?”  It was a crazy yet marvelous experience, but the thing I enjoyed the most was the encouragement and cheers I felt from my family and friends.  While I didn’t win a million dollars, I realize more than ever before how rich a man I am with all of you in my life.

Today I thought I would blog about some LIFE LESSONS I learned through my “Millionaire” experience.
  • The game is always easier when you’re watching.  The difficulty seems to increase when you’re actually playing.
  • Play to win.  Don’t play NOT to lose.  There is a big difference.
  • Be ready.  Plan.  Have a strategy.
  • If you fall behind don’t get down and don’t beat yourself up.
  • If you need it, ask for help.
  • Manage unrealistic expectations, don’t let them manage you.
  • Cheer others on.  It creates a positive atmosphere.
  • Enjoy yourself.
  • Don’t over-think the easy stuff.
  • Learn and grow.
  • Money can make people stupid.
  • Know when to walk away.
  • Sometimes you only get one chance.
  • Your value doesn’t come from how smart you are or how much money you have.
  • God puts you wherever you’re at for a purpose.  Live for His glory.