Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I Want The Good Stuff!

Don’t be drunk with wine... Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 5:18


I recently heard that worship leader, Roger Hodges, said that “too often the church is accustomed to getting drunk on the cheap stuff.”  Pretty provocative statement, don’t you think?  His point was that we settle for too little in our worship experiences with God.   We’re satisfied with only a portion of what God really wants to give us.  We get so excited about and satisfied with the little that we have that we don’t seek God for more.


The Holy Spirit has been moving in a powerful way at Christian Life this year.  The power of God is evident each time we gather together in His name.  Each weekend I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in our midst.  I sense there is both an excitement and expectancy in our church.  I don’t want us to settle or feel like we have arrived.  Let’s press in and seek God!  


Let’s expect revival in our hearts and in our church!  Let’s believe God for even greater things!  Are you with me?  Let’s be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit!  I want the good stuff!