Sunday, February 06, 2011

Grace

“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow...”
Isaiah 1:18


I thought after our blizzard this would be an appropriate verse for this weekend’s Bible Blog.  It also got me thinking about my favorite quotes concerning God’s grace.  


Our heart is a Dixie Cup and God's grace is Niagra. We simply can't contain it all.
MaxLucado


Disobedience happens, not when we think too much of grace, but when we think too little of grace.
Tullian Tchividjian


The law detects, grace alone conquers sin.
Augustine


Let the scandalous grace of God offend your pride and restore your joy.
Darrin Patrick


Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes.
Martin Luther

Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected.
Jonathan Edwards


Grace is free sovereign favor to the ill-deserving.
Benjamin B. Warfield


Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.
Eugene Gladstone O'Neil


Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
John Newton