Tuesday, October 05, 2010

My Book Shelf – You Were Born For This

My Book Shelf – You Were Born For This by Bruce Wilkinson

Every now and then in my blog to our church I like to share with you the books that I’m reading that really help, challenge, and inspire me. My hope is that these books do the same for you.

Here is an excerpt from Bruce Wilkinson’s (The Prayer of Jabez) newest book You Were Born For This.


What if I told you that you missed a miracle yesterday?

I would understand if you were doubtful.

Yet most of us can identify an event in our lives that seemed impossible to explain without saying, “That was a miracle!” We call these experiences divine coincidences, miracle moments, supernatural provisions. It’s as if God Himself stepped through the curtain that separates seen from unseen to make something amazing happen, something only He could do.

Not that we can expect such a thing to happen again any time soon.

Or can we?

I wrote this book to help you see that the land of personal, everyday miracles is your rightful home turf. Instead of focusing on the nature-defying acts that God could do, this book invites you to encounter the miracles that God does do on a regular basis, and to embrace your exciting part in making them happen.

The truth is, you were born to live a supernatural life doing God’s work by God’s power. You were born to walk out your door each morning believing that God will use you to deliver a necessary miracle to someone in need.

You were born for this.