Tuesday, October 05, 2010
8 Things To Do When You Want To Quit
Let me share some of my notes that I took at our regional leadership conference for the Full Gospel Fellowship this past year. Mark T. Barclay shared “8 Things To Do When You Want To Quit.”
1. Refuse to quit.
2. Encourage yourself in the Lord. Talk to yourself if you have to. If no one
is there to do it, do it yourself.
3. Rehearse who you are in Christ. Meditate on these verses. 1 John 4:4. Romans 8:11. 1 John 4:17. 2 Corinthians 5:17. Philippians 4:13. Galatians 3:26
4. Remember what you have been called to do. Our lives are to be lived in
service of the Lord bringing Him glory. Begin with 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
5. Reminisce about past victories. Think about your testimonies. Remember the good and not the failure.
6. Go through the motions anyway. “Fake it until you make it.” Take one step at a time. Open your Bible. Kneel to pray. Go to church. You may not feel like it. May not want to do it. Just do it anyway.
7. Practice the presence of God. Don't run away from God, there is power in His presence.
8. Hang around motivated spirit-filled people. You may not feel like it but it will definitely have a positive impact on your life!