Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Kingdom

Reflect on Matthew 13:44-46...

The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.
"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it!

Now ask yourself these questions...

What is valuable to me?
What are my priorities?
Do I understand what Jesus is asking me to do here?
Do I even understand the value of Christ and His Kingdom?
Am I intently searching for the Kingdom?
Is the Kingdom all I want?
Am I willing to give up everything for the Kingdom?
What is my faith costing me?
What does "selling all" look like for me?
Is this one of the teachings of Jesus that made some walk away or even want to kill Him?
Do I really desire Christ and His Kingdom?
Do I really want to know God's will for my life?
Do I love Christ and His Kingdom? Or do I love this world more?

Finally, reflect on Matthew 6:33...

Seek the Kingdom of God...and he will give you everything you need.