Sunday, October 18, 2009

Close Enough To Hear God's Whisper

Yet I am always with you;

you hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,

and afterward you will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you?

And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart

and my portion forever.

Those who are far from you will perish;

you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.

I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;

I will tell of all your deeds.

Psalms 73:23-28 (NIV)



There is something about being close to God. But how do you get “close” to God? One way is to make time for God. Corporately, it’s important to make time for church, small groups, and retreats. Privately, we must guard our daily quiet times with God.


How close are you to God? Looking at Psalm 73 are you close enough to God to hold His hand? Are you close enough for Him to guide your steps? Are you “far” from Him in danger of perishing?


The question we should always be asking ourselves is, “Am I close enough to hear God whisper?” Whisper His Name and He will answer you!