Here is something I read this week from P. Douglas Small of Project Pray Ministries. www.projectpray.org
Practical Prayer Ideas
- Do you know that 75% of Christian couples do not pray together? Break the trend – ask your spouse to pray with you today! Pray to be more like Jesus.
- Go to a secular bookstore, not to purchase new books, but to pray. Walk the aisles. Look at the titles. Pray.
- Prayer walk your house. Pray in every room. Ask yourself, “How can our home itself more fully honor Christ?”
- Find a vista point. Pray for peace in and over your city.
- Go to the census website and look up statistics on your city or county. You may discover that the world is at your doorstep. Ask God if the Great Commission applies to people groups living next door?
- Give a gift today – the gift of joy or kindness, perhaps to someone you don’t even know. Give a “God bless you!” A smile. A prayer. A heart-felt “Thank God for you.”