Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dinner with a Perfect Stranger & Day with a Perfect Stranger by David Gregory

My Book Shelf – Every now and then I like to share with you what I’m reading. My hope is that it will be a blessing and help to you as well.


Dinner with a Perfect Stranger & Day with a Perfect Stranger
by David Gregory


One of the keys to the success of the Christian life and of the Church is the balance of evangelism and discipleship. Unfortunately, many times these important aspects are seen as mutually exclusive. However, there are a couple of books that I want to share with you that are tremendous tools for both evangelism and discipleship.

Written in the form of novels, Dinner with a Perfect Stranger and Day with a Perfect Stranger present the opportunity to listen in on an intriguing, humorous, informative, and moving discussions between Jesus and the average people that cover Christianity, family relationships, creation, work, other religions, human suffering, an much more about life. These books teach us the truth of Christ and also act as an apologetic to the unbeliever making it a great witnessing tool. These books are so good I make them required reading for my Life of Christ class at the college. If you want to develop your faith and be able to answer the questions people are asking, check these books out. You won’t be disappointed.