Sunday, January 10, 2010

Worship

Worshipping God is our highest calling and nothing pleases God more. The Westminster Shorter Catechism asks “What is our chief end?” It's “to glorify God and enjoy him forever.” Here are a few Bible passages about worship for you to meditate on this week.
  • 
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 1 Chronicles 16:9
  • 
Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. 1 Chronicles 16:23
  • 
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works. Psalm 9:1
  • 
Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. Psalm 30:4
  • 
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy. Psalm 30:11
  • 
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
  • Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker. Psalm 95:6
  • We will bless the Lord from this time on and forevermore. Praise the Lord! Psalm 114:1
  • 
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
  • 
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" Revelation 5:13