Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayer

We need to believe that God will answer us when we pray. Look at a few verses from a conversation Jesus has with His disciples during the Last Supper.


I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
John 14:12-14 (NLT)

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
John 15:7 (NLT)

You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
John 15:16 (NLT)

You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
John 16:24 (NLT)


What do you think Jesus was trying to get across to his disciples? I want to see God answer our prayers. But it’s not just a blank check from heaven. Look again at John 15:7, “...if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!" The key to answered prayer is remaining in Christ and His Word. IF we remain in Christ and abide in Him we can expect God to answer our prayers. This week pray, abide in Christ (John 15:5-8), and watch what God will do.