Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Healing Scriptures

During the past several of weeks of sickness in our home the Lord reminded me how important prayer and the Word is in our recovery and healing. The following are some Scriptures to increase your faith as you pray for healing.

…for I am the Lord who heals you. Ex 15:26 (NLT)

So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. Ex 23:25 (NKJV)

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalms 30:2 (NIV)

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. Psalms 103:2-3 (NLT)

He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Psalms 107:20 (NKJV)

A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. Prov 17:22 (MSG)

…by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

And you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. Acts 10:38 (NLT)

The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you. Romans 8:11 (NLT)