Saturday, November 22, 2008

Top 7 Christian Movies

With the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons upon us I thought I would blog about something fun that could also be beneficial for gift giving or family times around the TV during the holidays.

Why only 7 you ask? Well, I don’t have a lot of room on the back of a bulletin and it seemed to be the right number when discussing “Christian” movies. Now I know there are some that would ask, “What makes a movie ‘Christian’?” Well, I’m running out of room, so we don’t have time for a philosophical discussion right now.

Here are my Top 7 Christian Movies in no particular order:
  1. Fireproof – Moving movie from the makers of “Facing the Giants” (another great movie). Still in theaters!
  2. The Nativity Story – Authentic look at the first Christmas.
  3. Left Behind – Got to love Kirk Cameron missing the Rapture.
  4. The End of the Spear – Powerful!
  5. Peter & Paul – Nothing better than Anthony Hopkins as Paul.
  6. The Cross & the Switchblade – 70’s cheesy cool movie with Eric Estrada.
  7. The Passion of the Christ – One of my all-time favorite movies ever.

Honorable Mention:
  • A Thief in the Night (Part 1) & A Distant Thunder (Part 2) – End Times movies from the 70’s that scared me to death as a kid. I pretty much love all End Times movies from every era.

So many more great Christian movies so little time. Let me know what your favorites are and let’s build a list.