Sunday, August 05, 2007

Questions & Faith

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)


I have had a lot of questions for God lately. There are times when things seem completely out of control in our world and I wonder when God will come and step in and take care of everything that’s wrong. I think it is safe to say that many people would say they have not seen enough of God’s presence and action in the world to satisfy them.

No matter how we feel, God is always with us and is at work in our world and our lives. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5 He shows up when we least expect it. He’s right in front of us calling us into His good and perfect will. He touches our lives with His presence. We experience God and then know that someday our faith will be sight.

Pray that God gives you eyes of faith to see Him at work in our world and in our lives. Here is a prayer you can use from a martyr for the faith.

Lord Jesus, when I am tempted because I cannot see God and his power and love in this world, let me firmly look upon you, for you are my Lord and my God.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer