Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Biggies

Early in our adulthood we make the decisions that shape our lives. We take on tremendous responsibility not really knowing the full impact of our choices. We get married, have children, choose a career, etc. I remember early in my twenties I couldn’t wait to get married, have kids, and be a “real” pastor. Needless to say, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

As we mature, we realize that we need help with the “biggie” responsibilities of life. What we once thought we could handle with ease becomes overwhelming.
We call these responsibilities the “biggies” because they become the main callings in our life. We are called to our marriage. We are called to parenting. We are called to our work. The good news is that when God places a calling on our life He is there to help us. If we are yielded to God He will fully equip and anoint us for the callings of our life.