- Love your spouse. (Use 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 as a guide.)
- Marriage is different than what I expected.
- Marriage is better than what I expected.
- Being a parent can be the hardest job on the planet. (So work together.)
- Be strong when your partner is weak.
- Spend time together.
- Have a TV show you enjoy and watch together. (And share the remote.)
- Encourage each other.
- Have a regular date night.
- Embrace your differences. (Don’t try to change each other.)
- Use fun nicknames. (i.e. BooBear)
- Remember you’re on the same team.
- Be generous.
- Figure out what is important and let the little things go.
- You won’t always win.
- Sometimes things don’t work out like you planned.
- Honor and respect each other.
- Talk it out.
- Have fun together.
- Don’t give up.
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
20 simple lessons learned in 20 years of marriage
As Leslie and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary I thought I would share with you 20 simple lessons learned in 20 years of marriage.