Monday, November 18, 2013

Lessons I’ve Learned From My Father

“Listen to your father, who gave you life...” Proverbs 23:22a

 

Today at Christian Life we celebrate my dad, Pastor Merrill’s, 80th birthday!  What a milestone!  His is a life worth celebrating.  A life of faith. A life well lived. There is something beautiful about a long life filled with persevering faith.  While the life lessons I’ve learned from my dad are numerous let me share a few of the ones that have impacted me the most.

Live with integrity. 

Be an example. 

Be prepared. 

Work hard.    

Be humble. 

Obey God.

Be generous. 

Pray.


I believe that we reap from the seeds sown from past generations and that not only personally, but as a church, we are reaping the seeds of faith sown by my dad, Pastor Merrill and our founding generation.  Now it’s up to us to fulfill God’s purposes in our generation as we sow the seeds for a future harvest for our children and our children’s children.


You can listen to or watch the full presentation of these thoughts from our celebration weekend at http://christianlifechurch.org/#/watch-now.