Sunday, October 02, 2011

God Healed Me

“...I am the LORD, your healer.”
Exodus 15:26b


God healed my hip the other week.  It had been bothering me for awhile and was getting worse in the recent weeks.  It was becoming difficult to walk without a limp.


I was at a pastor’s gathering and after a time of worship, prayer, and the Word the guest speaker began to move in the prophetic.  I wanted God to heal my hip so I began to pray that God would speak directly to my situation.  The very next prophetic word given was that God wanted to heal someone’s hip.  I’m not exaggerating when I tell you God healed my hip as I walked from my seat to the altar for prayer.  It was a incredible moment as God’s power was on display!  On my next day off I took off to Lake Geneva and hiked over 12 miles around the lake.  No pain.  And no pain since.  To God be the glory, great things He has done!


God is alive and active in our world today.  The Bible tells us in the verse above that God is our Jehovah Rapha, God our healer.  There are many names for God that speaks to how He is active in our lives.  It’s important to remember that God not just Yahweh, He’s MY Yahweh!  God is MY God.  God is MY healer, provider, strength, victory, etc.


Thanks for letting me share my testimony with you.  It’s important to share our testimonies.  Testimonies increase faith.  When we share what God is doing in our life it increases our faith and the faith of others.  It raises our expectation level.  When we gather together as the church come expecting because faith is contagious.