Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Book Shelf – 360° Life by Billy Joe Daugherty





My Book Shelf360° Life by Billy Joe Daugherty

Every now and then in my blog to our church I like to share with you the books that I’m reading that really help, challenge, and inspire me. My hope is that these books do the same for you.

What if you only had a few days to live?

Would you love?

Would you laugh?

Would you give?

Would you live differently than you do right now?




If possible, would you do a makeover on parts of your life? Most of us would gladly say “Yes!” to a fresh start, and that’s exactly what God offers. 
 
So many people live empty and frustrating lives, which is tragic because God desires a full, productive, and satisfying life for His children. 360° Life explores how ordinary people, regardless of their challenges, can experience life-altering change through simple faith. Billy Joe Daugherty weaves material from the Bible, his own experiences, and riveting interviews with contemporary Christians to reveal how not just to survive struggles, but to rise above them.

During the writing of this book Pastor Daugherty went home to be with the Lord. A final quote from the book, “I’ve lived as if my life was not my own, as if I have been bought with a price. My goal is to touch as many lives with the love of Jesus as I can in my brief journey through this earth. That is how you live the 360° Life - knowing that you started with God, entered the earth, touched others during your brief stay, and finally completed the circle to enter eternity with God.”