Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Concussion

The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Proverbs 20:24 (NLT)


I wanted to write and thank everyone for praying for me the past couple of weeks. As many of you I suffered a concussion the Sunday we moved out of the Prime Outlet Mall in Huntley. Without going into great detail I basically overestimated my strength and coordination and ended by hitting my head quite hard. I have to admit I was pretty frustrated with myself and the situation and had plenty of time to think about it during my week of doctor-ordered rest.


I try to learn from my mistakes. So, when things like this happen or when I go through a difficult time I try to make a list of lessons I’ve learned in the process. But as I began to make my usual list I was challenged in my spirit to instead make a list of things I was thankful for as a result of the accident. Here are a few items from my list...

  • I am thankful for a God that watches out for us even when we don’t make the wisest choices.
  • I am thankful for family and friends that notice and care enough to force you go to the emergency room.
  • I am thankful for a caring and praying church family.
  • I am thankful for a church staff that can carry on the work of ministry.
  • I am thankful for a God the heals.
  • I am thankful for a thick skull.


This weekend I’m praying for you and the services at Christian Life. Leslie and I together with with Pastor Harry and the entire Mission Possible board are in Ft. Lauderdale at an important Mission Possible 25th anniversary event. I will be sure to give Brother Ivo and the entire MP team your love and greetings in the Lord.