I enjoyed the ministry of the Holy Spirit through our friend and brother Steve Sampson last weekend in our services. I know many were touched by the Word of the Lord that came forth. All four services from last weekend are available in podcast form at www.christianlifechurch.org/podcast.
Steve’s timely message to our church was on the subject of the joy of the Lord. Here are some of my favorite scriptures on experiencing God’s joy for you to meditate on this week.
- Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy... Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete... In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:22, 24, 33 (NIV)
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NIV)
- A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:13 (NLT)
- Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. Proverbs 12:25 (NLT)
- ...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 1 Samuel 30:6 (KJV)
- Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength! Nehemiah 8:10 (NLT)
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you... Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:3-9 (NIV)