Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said About You, Your Life, And Everything Else


My Book Shelf

The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said About You, Your Life, And Everything Else.


Every now and then I like to share with you what I’m reading. My hope is that it will be a blessing and help to you as well.

Since 1993 I have taught Life of Christ at Christian Life College. It is by far my favorite class to teach. There is something special about diving in and studying the words and works of Jesus. It’s as though you receive your abundant life as you study His.

I try to stay fresh each semester by reading the latest books on the life of Christ as well as the Gospels. This fall I found a great new book called The Greatest Words Ever Spoken by Steven K. Scott. I’ve never seen anything like it. It takes all of the sayings of Jesus (over 1,900) throughout the New Testament and organizes them into over 200 different topics Jesus addresses. It’s like being able to ask Jesus any question and get His perfect answer. I have used the book to study Jesus’ words on the End Times for our current sermon series. A wide variety of topics are covered such as: prayer, forgiveness, eternity, anger, temptations, relationships, grace, and many, many more.

There is a great introduction to Jesus’ life and words as well as short introductions to each topic. This is one of the most exciting resources on the life of Christ I have found in a long time and can’t wait to use it as a text for my course next semester. Reflect on this verse next week and allow the words of Jesus to guide you in life and into eternity.


"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.” John 5:24-25 (NKJV)