Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pray for your pastor

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
1 Tim 2:1 (NLT)


Thank you to everyone who emailed me (
mail@darylmerrill.com) last week expressing a desire to be a part of a new prayer ministry at Christian Life Church. If you are interested and haven’t emailed yet, please take time this week to let me know.

A week doesn’t go by that the pastors and the staff doesn’t spend time praying for each request that comes in. You can join in prayer by visiting
www.christianlifechurch.org and clicking on the prayer requests page. We believe God hears our prayers and answers our prayers. That makes prayer powerful!

I appreciate it when people tell me they are praying for me. I admit, I need it. If you’re wondering how you can pray for the pastors and staff here are some suggestions.

  • Pray for physical, mental, and spiritual strength.
  • Pray for time to accomplish the work of ministry and time for family and fun as well.
  • Pray for our marriages and families.
  • Pray for God’s wisdom and understanding.
  • Pray for Christ to live through us – Galatians 2:20
  • Pray for time in God’s Word – Psalm 119:11
  • Pray for an intimate knowledge of God – Philippians 3:10
  • Pray for strength to stand firm – Ephesians 6:10-13
  • Pray that we would live by the Holy Spirit’s leading – Galatians 5:25
  • Pray that we would lead a life worthy of our calling – Ephesians 4:1

Thanks for your prayers and you can count on ours!