Sunday, January 06, 2008

It’s 2008!

It’s 2008! I love a new year. It’s like God gives us a fresh start. The Bible says in Lamentations 3:22-23 that God’s mercies are new every morning. Every day is a new day with God and every year is a new year with Him. Let’s make 2008 the best year ever!

Here are some of my favorite promises from God’s Word. Read them over and over. They’re for you.

Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame. Isa 54:4

For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed," Says the LORD, who has mercy on you. Isa 54:10

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD. Isa 54:17

Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. Ps 31:19-20

You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Ps 32:7-8

I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. Ps 34:4-5

You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side. Ps 71:20-21