Sunday, April 29, 2007

Biblical Confessions

I thoroughly enjoyed Steve Sampson ministering in our services last weekend. Along with specific words of knowledge Steve spoke a powerful word to our entire congregation about our identity and influence in God. The enemy is out to destroy our identity and influence and the Holy Spirit is there to increase our understanding of both. We need to stop believing what the enemy, the world, and everybody else says about us and believe God. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. We put ourselves down and sabotage our influence. What God says about us is true! I like what Steve Sampson always say, “God thinks He’s right.” And He is!

Take time this week to declare these biblical confessions. Stand on His word and let the Holy Spirit increase the understanding of your identity and influence.

  • I am a child of God (1 John 3:2)
  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
  • The joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10)
  • I have the peace of God (Philippians 4:11)
  • I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
  • My tongue is God’s property (James 3:2)
  • I speak with authority (Luke 10:19)
  • I love the Word of God (Psalm 119:162)
  • God will supply all of my needs (Philippians 4:19)
  • I walk by the Spirit ( Galatians 5:16)
  • I have the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22)
  • I am free from fear and worry ( 1 Peter 5:7)
  • I am a joint-heir with Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:6)
  • I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • God loves me (John 15:9)
  • I am a new creation - a new person altogether in Christ Jesus. Old things have passed away; all things have become fresh and new! ( 2 Corinthians 5:17)