Sunday, April 16, 2006

Messages

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27


I had to hide the answering machine, again. Its not because I don't like to hear my messages, it’s because Mark, my two year old, won't stop pressing the buttons. Apparently this pre-preschooler enjoys hearing the click, beeps and voices that come from the machine. However, those same noises to an adult, after a while, become quite annoying. Not to mention the countless messages I have probably missed over the last couple of months.The problem is that when I hide the answering machine I don't always remember to check my messages. When it’s not in plain site I forget to listen to sometimes very important messages that require my attention.As I thought of us having to hide our answering machine, I thought about my relationship with God. Many times I hide the answering machine. I know that God is always listening when I talk with Him but there are often times that I miss out on a message that He wants to share with me. Whether on purpose or simple forgetfulness I may miss out on something very important God is trying to communicate with me. I have to remember to check my messages when I get home. There maybe something important for me to listen to.